So let’s get into it:
2 cloves minced garlic
4 tablespoons minced ginger
1 medium sized pepper diced (any color you prefer)
3 tablespoons chopped basil
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons thai green chili paste
1 can of light unsweetened coconut milk (it has 1/2 the saturated fat of regular coconut milk)
3 cups of low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup of water
1.5 cups frozen shelled edamame (or green peas if you prefer!)
2 cups shredded chicken (I prepared mine in the crock pot the day before, but rotisserie chicken could work just as well!)
1 package soba noodles
2 tablespoons chopped green onion (for garnish)
1. Add olive oil to wok or similar large pan and saute the minced garlic, minced ginger, diced pepper, and basil and saute over medium heat.
2. After sauteing for several minutes thai green chili paste, coconut milk vegetable broth and water to your pan. Stir until the paste has dissolved completely.
3. Add shelled edamame
4. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add shredded chicken and simmer for 5 more minutes (no longer than 5 minutes as this may result in overcooked chicken)
6. Squeeze one full lime into soup, stir, cover and take off the heat.
Soup Noodles (best if prepared while soup is simmering)
- Cook soba noodles according to directions on package
- Assemble individual servings by adding noodles to your bowl followed by a generous serving of soup
- Serve with a garnish of chopped green onion and a lime wedge
[Make 5 hearty servings]